Oh my, how is it May tomorrow? Well, not really since April was a pretty long month for me. Thank goodness for a busy hotel! Which I will be staying at for the duration since the interview did not result in a new job. Sad smile But I’m going full force on getting my golden keys!
Now onto what this post is really about: revealing my foodie pen pal for the month of April! This month, Tiffany who blogs over at Tiffany Knits and Purls sent over a box of goodies from her home in North Carolina. Let’s see shall we?
In the box was some lavender honey (which she said was MONEY along with some cheese), homemade strawberry margarita jam (which is DELICIOUS!), a coconut almond bar, organic trail mix, and Raw Crunch energy bar with blueberries. I loved the organic treats mixed in. The coconut almond bar is like an Almond Joy without chocolate. And I love the homemade touch with the jam! My husband and I opened it and we just wafted in the margarita smell. So good.
Thank you again so much Tiffany!! I loved my package. Smile I sent my package to Alley in Iowa; I hope she liked it!!
— The Happy Foodie (@TheHappyFoodie) March 16, 2017
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
- -On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- -You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- -The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- -You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- -Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for May, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You will also find contact information on that page for the UK branch of Foodie Penpals if you’re a blogger across the pond!
You must submit your information by May 4th as pairings will be emailed on May 5th!
I decided to take this next month off since it’ll be a month of house stuff and moving. Speaking of, I’ve updated the site with some more pictures and videos! It’s really moving along nicely now!……